Consumer unit for a tight space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a split load consumer unit that measures 175mm high? I've just moved into a new (older) house and this needs upgrading, the only problem is a 22mm surface mounted water pipe, from the boiler, is in the way.

I looked at moving the pipes from the boiler, but this would involve too much work, if a smaller consumer unit is available.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You haven't got to put the new CU in exactly the same place as the old one.

Been told that it would be better and cost less to keep it in the same area - providing I can source one with the required height of 175mm.

Sponsored Links
ricwat said:
Been told that it would be better and cost less to keep it in the same area - providing I can source one with the required height of 175mm.

usually the tails from the meter can be a maximum of 3m (thats usually the max that the PoCo will allow their service fuse to protect) that should give you can idea of the area in which you can locate the CU, it is possible to put it beyond this, but it involves putting a switch fuse within 3m of tails and running your own private submain to the CU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back