Consumer Unit Stacking Kits

Might phone up Hager and ask them about mounting vertical, not really my preference though lol

but looked into it and their 3 phase RCBOs are a different part number to the single phase RCBO. MCBs are the same part number though

Otherwise think only other option would be to go for complete RCBO install.

Was thinking about it and if I use a stacker kit, by the time I put 150mm away from the gas pipes and meter... and have the height of 2x consumer units stacked, it will put it over 1200mm high which will contrevene part M building regs then.

So it pretty much only really leaves a full RCBO installation. Will look into EATON consumer unit, was going to try a Hager, not used one before, but dont know how much room they have when used with full RCBOs

Sponsored Links
but looked into it and their 3 phase RCBOs are a different part number to the single phase RCBO. MCBs are the same part number though
I presume you mean their SP RCBOs for 3-phase boards - a "3-phase RCBO" will obviously be a totally different (3 or 4 pole) animal from a single phase one.
Was thinking about it and if I use a stacker kit, by the time I put 150mm away from the gas pipes and meter... and have the height of 2x consumer units stacked, it will put it over 1200mm high which will contrevene part M building regs then.
I have to say that, personally speaking, I would probably regard that at the least of my worries. In any event, is Part M compliance actually required for the work you will be doing?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back