Contacting Builders..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been going to do some work on the roof, but have discovered a huge job up there involving both the chimney stack and roof for me to do.

I have contacted a builder but haven't heard from them since contacting them 4 days ago. Should I assume they don't want the job and move on to the next builder?

Sponsored Links
Do a little homework on what’s involved so you don’t get totally “snowed by bull s h ite”. Contact several more (at least 3) & when they come to quote, be very congenial but slip in that they are not alone :cool: I appreciate the stack is involved but you may be better contacting bespoke roofing contractors; 4 days is not that long to wait for a quote so give a few more days but do get more quotes. ;)

ta mate.. they are the 1st choice as i've had em before. they do a good job, so wasn't sure how long before giving up and moving to the nex.. cheers mate! :)

ta mate.. they are the 1st choice, so wasn't sure how long before giving up and moving to the nex.. cheers mate! :)
Always wise to introduce a little competion into the game; give it a couple of days & ring them, dropping a few hints ;)

Sponsored Links
yep, I didn't let them know anything.. played it subtle. :D will be still asking friends n relatives who'd recommend others.

ta mate.. they are the 1st choice as i've had em before. they do a good job, so wasn't sure how long before giving up and moving to the nex.. cheers mate! :)
2 weeks - that`s what it took for a busy roofer we asked - And I trust him completely ;) - Spent an hour going round looking and advising . I trust him cuz he`s done work for us before - I know about building work , I just can`t do it now :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back