Contactum consumer unit compatible with RCBOs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Does anybody recognise my consumer unit model and have any idea whether it has compatible RCBOs to replace the MCBs currently there? Would rather not have the board replaced so thought I'd get pre-armed with what is possible before calling a sparky.

Thanks

UC

Sponsored Links
IMG_5877.jpeg

Thanks for catching that, now attached!

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot.

I have a very random, very intermittent, fault where the RCD trips (mainly on DB1 but once in a while on DB2) without tripping any of the MCBs. I don't have the means to do an insulation test myself so planned to do a visual inspection of all sockets, light fittings, switches, etc to spot possible causes of a neutral-earth fault before calling in an electrician to fault find.

My logic was that I might get the MCBs switched to RCBOs at the same time, then if it ever happened again I'd have a much better chance of isolating the fault to a particular circuit myself, and not impacting all the circuits on the board if it happened.

My logic was that I might get the MCBs switched to RCBOs at the same time
Thats a very expensive way of going about it. You are looking a £20 per RCBO plus a mainswitch and some other bits. So more than 500 notes for parts, even before you get an electrician to do the job. It would need testing and certifying and, I guess, if you dont have an IR tester that you dont have an RCD tester?

Maybe best to get an electrician to analyse first, then make a plan?

PS, its not in the photo. Where is your single point of DP isolation for both DBs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back