Continous belt sanders Up North - the search continues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently continuous belt floor sanders are the bees knees and drum sanders are not...has anyone managed to find a toolhire company in Leeds area or even just north of Birmingham that hires these out???

I've searched high and low..spent hours on this and keep drawing a blank.

Heelllp!! This is driving me crazy!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
You could try Hirecentres.com they have the machine you are after and would deliver (at a price)
Regards
TT

Thanks for your suggestion Tall Tone but when I tried it I had no luck and they tried to fob me off with a drum sander :(

Sponsored Links
I was under the same sort of impression as yourself regarding drum sanders. All the horror stories you hear about them digging divots out of boards! I used one last month for the first time and did 30sqm of maple. They are excellent bits of kit and you'd really have to go some to mess up and wreck a floor with them, i went from 80 grit up to 120 or 140 grit and the finish was phenom. Used an edging sander to finish, most places will hire the two out as a kit and get plenty of sheets for both as you can return what you don't use.

Drum sanders are no more difficult to operate than an upright hoover, you can lean on the bar to lift the drum clear and they run along at their own speed dragged by the revolving drum. if you want to take more surface off you just slow down your step so the drum stays on the board area for longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back