Continual restart attemps after HW use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Worcester 24CDi which is working fine but for one issue. After using it from cold for HW for more than a minute or so, after I stop drawing HW it starts trying to fire up again. I can hear the fan spinning up and relay clicks and then it stops again. This start up and then stop process is happening every second or so and it does this in bursts of about a minute for the next 10 mins or so. The system is probably about 5 years old. Is this likely to be a faulty temp sensor? I intend to get someone out to it but was wondering if anyone has come across this before. Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It sounds more likely that the DHW flow switch is sticking on.

I have not encountered that problem especially on your particular model.

Tony

Cheers Tony. I'm going to get someone out to it and get it serviced at the same time. However, I'll have a look at the flow switch first with a multimeter if I can to see if its the culprit.

Sponsored Links
overheat protection. possibly cdi protects itself "by removing residue heat by turning on fan and pump", but yours sounds as though its going a bit too long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back