Continuous draining dehumidifiers

Jon,
Never used, but I've never been happy with positive air vents in loft. On a winter morning, pulling warmer damp air into a colder loft space seems ideal for condensation on inside of roof (I have seen lofts rain as loft hatch has been opened and humid warm air from house hits underside of cold tiles.

D,
Likewise, basement is always at 17-20oC. But this can be an issue when warmer damper air hots it and starts to condense.
This can be an issue if warmer damp air (from your lungs) hits cold surfaces (like your new plasterboard ceiling).

So I have no great solutions, simply tank, insulate, and heat to try and keep at same environmental condition as rest of house.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A dehumidifier is only a short term solution for a damp cellar , need adequate ventilation which will be more effective and cheaper .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back