Contious Increasing Boiler Pressure

HFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 35CDi boiler, with which i am suffering from a problem. The pressure continually increases even if the hot water and/or heating is not in use. I have tried lowering the pressure using the valve, but then it gradually starts increasing back towards ridiculously high pressure values in excess of 3.

Any advice with what I should do, is it dangerous if the pressure keeps on increasing !!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is dangerous, but your boiler should have a pressure relief value, but this is emergency safety protection rather than something which is supposed to be used.

Has this just started happening ?

Do you have a filling loop attached to the boiler? It will most likely be a short piece of hose with a metal braided surround joining two pipes near or on your boiler. One of those is the cold water supply from the mains, whilst the other pipe is for the central heating. There's normally a valve on the cold water end of this pipe. It might not have a knob/lever/tap on it, so you might need a pair of pliers to close it.

I agree with everything boilerbeasty has said, and would just add that the filling loop should be disconnected when not in use. (This is a legal requirement, and is usually ignored (stupidly))

Sponsored Links
Do you no if its a CDI MK1 or a CDI MK2, it is relevent as one has a built in filling loop and the other will be external.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back