Contraceptive pill available from your local pharmacy???

Should pharmacists be allowed to supply the contraceptive pill?

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Only to those over 16

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Only to those over 18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pharmacists prescribing...

er no thank you.

Am I the only person here noticing the ridiculously unethical conflict of interests?

Other than that a paharmacists cannot edit your medical records therefore it will lead to disaster when someone goes to a GP who then prescribes a contra - indicating medication.

we will end up with strokes - blood clots - bleeds and all sorts of problems as medication levels end up being a guessing game.

Pharmacists should stick to managing the medication and being used as a double check for dosage conformity.

While a pharmacist in Isolation could hypothetically prescribe on a single condition without access to medical records he will not have the full picture on dependencies , allergies etc etc.

I vote no and the same goes for the pill for young girls. Chatting over a counter is NO substitute for sitting in private and talking to a trained GP working to guidelines.

It does not have to be that complicated, doctors are over run as it, they could do without people booking appointments just to talk about a contraceptive pill.

Pharmacists know more about drugs than your GP, a simple data base could be set up linking pharmacists up so they can monitor. We are not talking about prescribing all drugs, just the contraceptive pill.

It will take a lot of work away from your GP so they can deal with more serious issues.

Sponsored Links
trollmaster2000";p="2386480 said:
As opposed to
Children giving birth
Children, giving, actual BIRTH
Risk of lifetime as a scrounger
A generation of childern brought up by people who aren't equipped to be parents.
The societal decay resulting from the above point.
Scum
AIDS
Chav
Armageddon

Since when did the contraceptive pill stop AIDS ??? Hmmm,, that would be never
As for the rest,,,,, You read the Sun far too much.

PS Armageddon, isn't going to come about simply because of Scum, Chavs or a lack of contraceptives.

snico wrote
Also, Chemists have a far better knowledge about medications than a doctor does

Is that a fact?
I don't think you'd find a chemist in a pharmacy.
Arn't they called pharmicists?
Anyway I don't think either one would know jack **** about what a sickly patient would need.

snico wrote
Also, Chemists have a far better knowledge about medications than a doctor does

Is that a fact?
I don't think you'd find a chemist in a pharmacy.
Arn't they called pharmicists?
Anyway I don't think either one would know jack **** about what a sickly patient would need.

I knew what I meant :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Why is it that a GP HAS to give a girl an internal examination before prescribing the pill? Yet a Pharmacist doesn't?

Brightening up a dull day no doubt. ;)

:rolleyes: men!!!

GPs generally dont prescribe the contraceptive pill.....its the job of the practice nurse.....

The pharmacists who are going to be offering the pill....will be doing the same checks as the GP surgery would..

and no Joe.....you dont have an internal examination before going on the pill.

:rolleyes: men!!!

GPs generally dont prescribe the contraceptive pill.....its the job of the practice nurse.....

The pharmacists who are going to be offering the pill....will be doing the same checks as the GP surgery would..

and no Joe.....you dont have an internal examination before going on the pill.

You did in the old days. Apparently to look for 'irregularities.'

Pharmacists/Chemists already give out (Charge for) the day after pill. They do have a very good knowledge as they are failed doctors ( Awaits the slaughtering). I see nothing wrong with them giving out repeat prescriptions as long as there is a Doctors check up on a regular but extended basis. Do they not give out 6 months at a time anyway? And how about the injections? they last a year do they not?

Anyone for male contraception? my mother developed an allergy or something to the pill so my father had the snip. I think I would take a pill (If i remembered) But that is back to the woman's thing again and remembering.

morning after emergency contraception................is now free......

Really?
It was not last year, well here in London from a chemists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back