Controller won’t do either?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

map moved house recently and the boiler is a Baxi Boston 2 80 OF.
The controller is a Landis & Staefa RWB2E. When using the control it allows to switch the hot water on individually or the hot water and heating on together, not the heating alone.
I have swapped the controller now to Hive heating and hot water.
When calling for heating the pump runs but the boiler will not fire. If I call for water it does fire....
Any ideas? Pictures below

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing you have a fairly ancient boiler, probably floor-standing? This is how they were designed to work - the hot water kicked the boiler on without the pump to heat the water using gravity circulation, and hot water & heating together runs the boiler and the pump to circulate the heating system. It's a semi gravity system. Hive does have the ability to run your system in the same way as your old L&S programmer did. If you're wanting completely independent control, some pipework changes will be required

Thanks for quick response!
Yes old boiler!
Two further questions then,
Do you know how I can change the hive to do the same for now?
Can I not take a feed from the hot water and link it into the central heating to make it fire?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20201231-171610_Drive.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back