Hive Install on ideal indendent c30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Wondering if you can help with issues relating to a hive install, the system is calling for heat but the boiler fails to fire so suspect the wiring is at fault as this is a new install so images are below of said wiring.

I found a post on here from over a year ago & the wiring does match that install which was stated to work so am a bit lost really.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carlos.

Sponsored Links
The black in 4 should be in terminal 3.

Hello Denso,

Thanks for your response. That also does not work?

Could it be that the timer is still in the circuit even though it is set to be on constantly?

A shame to be putting a crappy on/off Hive onto an OpenTherm capable boiler. Also, you shouldn't have the front cover off your boiler - it forms the safety room seal and should only be removed and refitted by a Gas Safe Registered engineer, who can then carry out the safety Regulation 26.9 checks on completion.

Ideally you'd take out the old programmer altogether and bypass it. There should be a plug in the boiler for this purpose. That would eliminate the possibility that the existing programmer isn't operating correctly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the half helpful half pointless reply muggles. Although one does not complain of a free gift so couldn't care less about the open therm capabilities when one is just upgrading a thermostat from a crappy old one to another crappy one of this decade.

I'm sure you follow all regulations around the home for all kinds of items.

Further update, removing the programmer also gets a non firing boiler.

Further investigations required I guess....

The regulations are there for your safety, but hey maybe you're not bothered about that. Can you post a picture of the recess where the old programmer was?

Hi muggles, ianmcd

The timer on the boiler is shown below.

Attachments

• IMG_20201207_144736.jpg
    IMG_20201207_144736.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20201207_145258.jpg
    IMG_20201207_145258.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 90
Set to timed and push all pins in, see if it’s then fires up.

Just re read your post and seems you have posted pics of someone elses boiler, dont do that it just gets confusing , post pics of the wires you have connected at both ends, and as already said you shouldnt be removing that cover

What makes you think it is someone else's boiler because it is not...

pic one thermostat wiring is white and black, pic 2 the same wires are Brown and black so how did this happen ?

Wow...

If its what I think your on about its due to the fact they connect to the pcb at different points so the cable/harness for that give area of the circuit can be whatever you want it to be & what's shown... The original wiring..

If its not that your on about then it's just the fact one image had flash on, the other didn't so maybe the colour appears to you different but I'm struggling to understand what your actually on about here as the colours match

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back