Convection heater switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a convection/panel heater with no controls, should an external roomstat be on the switched or unswitched side of the feed. I am thinking it should be on the switched side so that it can be isolated without needing to go back to the CU but it would mean less cableing if it could be perminently live.

Sponsored Links
If it is practical to use the CU as the means of isolation for maintanence, then this is OK.
I.e the CU is accessable, the correct breaker is clearly labelled, and doesn't plunge the house in darkness when just the heater circuit is isolated. However, it is still usual, and prudent, to have a switch by the heater, though this may be after the permanently live thermostat. (how often do you 'maintain' a thermostat? The fan I can imagine will need the occasional clean.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back