Conventional or combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have a very old conventional boiler that looks as if it's going to need replacing soon.

Just seeing your thoughts on what direction to go?

I know I'm looking at more expense to change to a combi with changes to pipework etc so would need to be some clear benefits for me to go that way.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are lots of things to consider and the answer is not the same for everyone. You don't provide enough information (e.g. water supply, number of bathrooms / showers etc) for anyone to advise specifically. But you will find some pointers in the FAQ's here.

This question has been asked many times before, if you use the search facility you should be able to find some information that fits your requirements.

I know I'm looking at more expense to change to a combi with changes to pipework

If the existing set up provides you with adequate heating and hot water then changing the whole system just to suit a combi is not sensible.

Combi boilers have a place, they were designed for flats where a tank in the loft was not an option and modern "compact" houses where there is no space for a hot water cylinder .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back