Going back to a Conventional Boiler from a Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

At some point I am thinking of changing back from a Combi Boiler to a Conventional Boiler. I currently have a Combi and its starting to cost now in repairs. Its been a cracking good boiler though. I had an old Conventional system previous to this which was completely ripped out and new pipework put in with a Combi. The location of the Combi was moved from the house into the Garage.

Would it be possible to change back to a Conventional Boiler at some stage and have the Conventional Boiler situated in the garage? I have a room upstairs which could house a Cyclinder but what other work would be involved?

Thanks

Mr Foo.

Sponsored Links
dont worry its not major problem for good Heating engineer,you can have system boiler and a unvented cylinder fitted in the garage

Obviously this is dependent on flow rate and site survey just get someone who is local to you and comes highly recommeneded for a visit

dont worry its not major problem for good Heating engineer,you can have system boiler and a unvented cylinder fitted in the garage

why an unvented cylinder :?: :?: :confused:
:

If it's fitted in the garage then you'd surely want unvented, as garages are usually at floor level, and I imagine it would be a pain to situate the header in the loft and the cylinder at ground level.

Sponsored Links
So I would not need any changes to main pipework?

What I mean by that is I realise pipes need to be altered when a new boiler is fitted but what about the pipework to the Rads?

So I would not need any changes to main pipework?

What I mean by that is I realise pipes need to be altered when a new boiler is fitted but what about the pipework to the Rads?

Pipework to the rads will be more or less the same, the only alterations required in that respect would be in the garage.

Thats why said it wont be problem with unvented cylinder in the garage all the pipework can be done there without major disruption in the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back