Combi or Conventional Boiler

yep they are

untill they break down

and you have a shouting client

i repeat i hate combis

Sponsored Links
I was thinking I'd go for the non-combi version when the time comes (as I already have cylinder and stuff, and like it that way).

I am now swaying in the direction of a combi.

The price we have for installation, new radiators etc. is rather tempting.

It might even leave us with enough money to do the bathroom...

assuming everything goes to plan i.e. budget (which it probably won't).
:)

Thanks

L.

Sponsored Links
Viessmann..Very well made, but the instructions and user interface (buttons on the front) a bit of a nightmare. The Buderus is at least as well made and simpler..gets my vote instead..but these are both V expensive.
There are less expensive boilers that will do just as well..Worcester Bosch, Alpha, Vaillant.

Alfredo

Alfredo said:
Come again? Not entirely sure what Mr Barker is saying in his last post.

Alfredo

You made a statement that instant water heating is more economical than stored domestic hot water. On my energy efficiency training two years ago it was stated that there had never been any evidence of this.

Are you

1/ saying that now there is evidence, if so please cite it.

or 2/ in your personal opinion instant hot water is cheaper.

Not difficult is it. I am not being funny you are making a very bold statement which members of the public may believe and make a decision based upon, so it is fair to ask what evidence you have.

"You made a statement that instant water heating is more economical than stored domestic hot water"

I can't find where i said that..could you quote me verbatim :rolleyes:

Alfredo

Alfredo said:
"(If we went the combi route we would get an electric shower). "

For why? Combis do brilliant showers as you've got mains pressure hot and cold. Electric shower are pretty dreadful by comparison.

In this three bed detached house with four hot taps and four occupants..parents and two very tall kids, the combi is just great. Its a six year old Vokera Linea 28, and just through the wall from it in the bathroom is a Trevi Therm shower. I have a programmable thermostat (Danfos) and Thermostatic Rad valves and the system is really very good and easy to live with,and been no trouble since we put it in.

Get a decent quality combi with a good hot water flow rate and you are laughing.

Alfredo

Sorry mate can't see it now, but this post linked was edited the evening after I made my first remark (Last edited by Alfredo on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total).

If you haven't edited out a section in which you claimed combis were more efficient than storage cylinders I apologise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back