Convert vented oil heating to unvented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to get rid of the cold water storage tank in the loft, move the HW cylinder from upstairs bathroom to downstairs in the garage in order to give more space in the bathroom.

Does anyone know any good books or references re changing a vented system to unvented? Its an oil fired central heating system. I've done quite a few vented systems in the past but this would be my first attempt at a sealed system.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
get hold of a copy of you boiler instructions. It will have most of the info for you.

Thanks for the replies - I'd like both the heating and hot water to be pressurised. The oil boiler is just conventional.

Sponsored Links
Boiler needs to have an overheat stat and manufactureurs instructions specify that it can be used in a sealed system.

For unvented hot water need good water supply.

You mention "moving the cylinder".

I hope you realise that you will have to REPLACE it with a Megaflow type which cost around £800 ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back