Converting a vented system to sealed

If your installer is certain that the air entrainment is not due to a leak some where, where does he think the air is coming from?

If it is a leak, a sealed system is not the way to go without finding it.

If it's the open vent/ height of tank / blocked air separator, cold feed / pump speed too high, why not just identify which, and solve the issue.

Sealing the system may cause you more problems.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I would like not to have to go down the sealed system route if I can modify my system as suggested earlier to the combined feed vent type.
This has the advantage of costing me very few £££ to do and hopefully eliminating all the air too.

Personally, I would check what I have mentioned and if they where not the issues, i would cut out the air separator and change to a combined as per your diagram. They can often be blocked with crud

You havnt answered any of my questions and without seeing the system I can't really give you sound advice, your installer must have given you an inkling as to what he thought the problem might be.

Sponsored Links
Update:

I have been too busy to do anything more about this recently, however, last5 evening while bleeding the radiators I decided to take a match with me.
When I held the match against the bleed valve while bleeding I was getting popping noises and sometimes a flame.
This says to me that there is hydrogen present in the radiators.
Now if my understanding is correct hydrogen is produced when the radiators corrode internally.
The last time I drained the system I added inhibitor.
The question now is, is there anything I can do myself to stop the hydrogen being formed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back