converting gravity to pumped heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have an old system, large water tank and small f&e tank on loft, hot water cylinder on first floor, boilder on ground floor (Ideal Mexico Super C 125, vintage 1987, works well though had new stat put in recently). Would really like to just change HWC and leave everything else in place, though plumber told me I can only put new HWC into pumped system. Now what would that entail? I rather try to find a flexible plumber who just leaves system and sticks in a new HWC, regulation or not, but if not, do want to have the minimum mess possible, happy to keep boiler, as might sell house soon let new owner sort it out to his preference. Make me a Christmas present and send your suggestions! This is extremely stressful! Cause of all this is rusty overflow into f&e tank that seems to be caused by split coil. Ball Valve fine
PS what is difference between a pumped system (if that exists) and a FULLY pumped system?

Sponsored Links
you are confused by Gravity fed systems and Gravity HW systems they are not the same

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back