Converting my house into two flats in Cardiff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Maybe someone can give me some advice. Its an old mid terraced town house basically i'm renting it out to tennants at the mo and I want to sell the one flat and pay off my mortgage. aaaaaaaaaanyway to get to it... Electrics plumbing etc aren't a problem, what is a problem is the fire and sound regs. I spoke to the Building regs guy on the phone and he was all doom and gloom stories of you are going to have to gut it etc etc!!! after speaking to the insulation guy on the phone he said I wouldn't have to do anything to the old lath and plaster ceilings but Id have to put up a double layer of plasterboard on and newly put up ceilings. He also said Id have to put insulation between the floor joists and rip up all the old boards and replace with some special stuff ( cant remember the name ). So my question is what do I have to do to it to conform to regs. Id like to keep the original cornices floor boards etc, and not have to put up a false wall ( like the building regs guy said?!?!?) on the party walls. There are also 3 chimney stacks with four open fireplaces, all with original fires in. Do i have to brick them up?

help advice !

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back