Converting standard TV to Bluetooth aduio

Sponsored Links
No
That is a receiver (converts your car to receive audio from a phone)
You need a transmitter.

Be aware that some may have a delay in conversion, which would render the audio out of synchs with the picture. Some TVs may have a system to synch the audio via headphones but not sure

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a Samsung TV and want to use my Bluetooth headphones with it. Would the following item simply plug into the back of my tv and then I can connect my Bluetooth headphones to this device?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292956408771?ul_noapp=true
After a very brief glance at the Ebay page, I too was going to dismiss your first find as the wrong thing. On first impressions, and given the price, I thought the device would need a host PC to do anything useful.

A bit more reading though seems to suggest that it simply takes power via USB. It looks like the signal is carried by an jack cable. What's more, the device can be set as either a transmitter (TX), or as a receiver (RX).

"Can you plug it in to the back of your TV and expect it just to work with some Bluetooth headphones? "

The honest answer is I don't know, but my gut feeling is no. I think it unlikely that the TV would recognise a BT transmitter, download the required drivers, and then set itself up to send TV audio via the USB socket. That's just too many asks.

I think what you would do is plug-in the BT adapter so it has power, then hook up the supplied jack cable to the TV's headphone jack. That way you'll have control of the volume via the TV remote. Naturally though, this requires that the TV has a headphone socket. Does your TV have that?

At three-and-a-half quid including postage it's hardly going to break the bank to try this. I'd give it a whirl if the TV does have the required headphone socket for this adapter to hook up to.

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then do the decent thing and click the THANKS button. It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks, is it the one at the top of the page?

Any device designated as a 'Bluetooth receiver' only is the wrong thing to buy. You already own a Bluetooth receiver: It's your headphones. What you need is a Bluetooth transmitter.

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then do the decent thing and click the THANKS button. It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you.

I can connect my Bluetooth headphones to my Amazon Fire tv. Apparently you can do it with the fire stick too.

Yes. You want a bluetooth device that plugs into the headphone jack and turns that into bluetooth which can be connected to bluetooth headphones or speakers.

NO!! Toasty, you linked to an eBay search, rather than an individual item. This will come up differently on different peoples computers, depending on whether they are already logged in to eBay and what settings they have for sorting the results.

I have no idea which exact item you mean, nor any idea which item the OP sees as the "one at the top".

NO!! Toasty, you linked to an eBay search, rather than an individual item. This will come up differently on different peoples computers, depending on whether they are already logged in to eBay and what settings they have for sorting the results.

I have no idea which exact item you mean, nor any idea which item the OP sees as the "one at the top".
Their all the same items.....

That's why I described what he should be looking for too.. calm it love

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi, I have a Samsung TV and want to use my Bluetooth headphones with it. Would the following item simply plug into the back of my tv and then I can connect my Bluetooth headphones to this device?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292956408771?ul_noapp=true

I guess that should work via the TV headphone socket but if your TV doesn't have a USB port to power it, you will need to purchase a USB charger with a female port.

(Potentially) the biggest downside with those types of products is that you will need to physically unplug the 3.5mm jack each time you want to listen to the telly via the speakers.

You might be better off paying more for a soundbar (or similar) that has a remote control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back