Converting Steel Gas Pipe to Copper - How?

BO**OCKS they most be accessible read the rule book :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not all codes use the NFPA 54 there is no RULE BOOK In America as the national code sets up minimum standards which civilized parts of the country refuse to use as we have a higher standard.

Also consider this list has foreigners on it and one countries rules do not reflect another's

Some allow the use of unions or left and right nipplle and couplings BUT compression in a 42 story building I DONT THINK SO

Sponsored Links
42 story.

a higher standard may be required in this case.

but there is obviously no necessity in Blighty.

Sponsored Links
just to cheer you up.

of course compression is allowed on gas.
Thank you so much for lightening me up I really appriciarte it.

Personally I hate to think low income housing an a sky scrappper should use different mateirals.

I use black steel on high rises and one family homes as well as copperr water lines and cast iron for drainage and venting.

I find it cost effective to use these types of materials that are time proven and are also recycleable unlike Toxic plastic

Of course the key is to charge the right price and educate the accounts

Compression jointys on gas have to be accessible and visible for checking.

The nearest I have ever come to North American code is watching Holmes on Homes in Canada :eek: :LOL:

42 story.

a higher standard may be required in this case.

but there is obviously no necessity in Blighty.

The main reason I like to be consistent is when I had employees I hate to have to say " on this type of work you can use soft solder and on this one you must silver braze."

By going with the more stringent codes (applications) they get used to doing it one way and then no matter what kind of job we are on I can be assured I can pass any inspection or code standard

we are separated by the same language.

you just carry out the job observing the regulations in force.

if you overspec you loose the job.

you don't engage the services of Red Adare if you only need a gas fitter.

we are separated by the same language.

you just carry out the job observing the regulations in force.

if you overspec you loose the job.

you don't engage the services of Red Adare if you only need a gas fitter.

Check out the pictures on my profile if you don't mind (see the pictures)

I usually go with the higher standard specifications and do not bother to work for accounts who look for cheap rather then quality

and ?

if a certain job requires an over the top specification any one pricing the job will be on a level playing field.

i fail to see any point in what you say.

from what i can gather you are saying you concentrate on a specific market niche. don't we all to one degree or another.

all that comes across is that you like blowing your own trumpet.

and ?

if a certain job requires an over the top specification any one pricing the job will be on a level playing field.

i fail to see any point in what you say.

from what i can gather you are saying you concentrate on a specific market niche. don't we all to one degree or another.

all that comes across is that you like blowing your own trumpet.

Not at all what I am saying is I use steel piping for natural gas no matter where it is installed residencial oor commerical etc

Reasoning is simple and has nothing to blowing ones horn it does have to do with liability JUST BECAUSE A PRODUCT MAY BE LEGAL BY CODE IF IT FAILS THE INSTALLER IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

How quickly folks try to forget about "state of the art" plastic piping failures when installed for radient heating and potable water supplies.

I would not dare to use compression on gas even if the fittings were given away for free.

It takes a certain mind set to want to work fast and cheap as possible to move on to do the next job fast and cheap.

I know a screwed pipe (tube) is less likely to be tampered with then a compression joint that any child can undo.

If the folks want cheap installations I am sure there are more then enough handymen out there to do the installations in plastic (PVC) or compression or a variety of short cuts rather then using craftmen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back