Converting to a dual flush.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our downstairs loo is the most used loo in our house but only for number 1’s. Seems a shame to use a full flush just for wee wee's! In my quest to conserve water and as we’ve just gone onto a meter, is it possible to convert this single flush to a dual flush? If so can I just get a replacement siphon and control button and snap it on to the existing fittings or will I have to remove the cistern to fit the replacement? Any suggestions/links for the part I want?

9AAF35C7-82D4-4A4F-A221-322D45523770.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looks like a Siamp Storm 33, so yes, you should be able to twist out that valve for a Siamp Optima 49 dual flush. Read the instructions for setting up. Also Note: if you attempt to twist existing out, be carefu, as the cradle can sometimes move, if this does, you’ll need to remove the cistern.

Looks like a Siamp Storm 33, so yes, you should be able to twist out that valve for a Siamp Optima 49 dual flush. Read the instructions for setting up. Also Note: if you attempt to twist existing out, be carefu, as the cradle can sometimes move, if this does, you’ll need to remove the cistern.
Thanks CBW but I think I’ve sorted it - I think it’s a dual flush now anyway! Firstly, I’ve adjusted the float so that the water level is now 2” lower and that saves 2 litres of water (I measured it). Co-incidentally the water level when full is now exactly in line with what looks to be a water level indent mark on the rear of the cistern. Also, I’ve discovered that when I push and release the button, the cistern stops flushing when the water level gets to 3” from the bottom of the cistern. If I continue to hold the button, it empties the cistern. I think I’ll leave it like that for now as I can’t see any benefit I will get from a dual flush setup. Do you think I have a single button dual flush?

Do you think I have a single button dual flush?
It looks like the Storm 33a, which is single flush, so yes. If you’ve got a workaround though, then no need to change it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back