dual-flush toilet ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
another quick querstion-i mentioned it before but not in a proper post: I want to buy a new wc for downstairs and like a push-button dual flush one. are these ok, they are supposedly modern. if say the siphon goes (or flush valve as it is called)!! wears, is it easily replaced like-for-like as with a traditional siphon type toilet?

Sponsored Links
syphons are more easyer to get being a standard part dual flushes their are so many on the market now and different types they are not always as easy to get as a syphon.
cisterns coming in from abroad are the worse they are cheap components and don't last.

ok thanks for your advice. as a plumber what do you do when changing one for a customer??-do you have to order one up or something ...

i have had to wait before up to a week if not a standard one.
if not change to an english better quality one and change the button in the lid.

Sponsored Links
oh i see, you can buy new kits with new buttons, etc. i know what you mean in a way, some of the flush toilets have like wires joining up, where my sisters hasn't, the button just lowers and pushes the top of the valve! all 1 and a half in ch though which is standard i believe!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back