Converting to sealed system vessel location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all

Considering pressurising my open vent system.
I understand the parts needed are vessel, PRV, gauge and filling loop.

My question is, can the vessel be fitted in the upstairs airing cupboard so it's out of the way.

Then

Can the PRV and filling loop be fitted away from the vessel by placing downstairs underneath the boiler where I can get to an outside wall for the PRV discharge.

The reason I ask is I don't really want the vessel on view and if I fit the whole kit together In the upper airing cupboard I cannot get the PRV pipe to outside. Is this permissible.

Sponsored Links
Why are you looking to seal it?

How olds the system?

Mainly because the whole system get air in it quite often and also because I eventually want to do a loft conversion.

Sponsored Links
The vessel will have its own discharge on it so where ever you put the vessel you need to take into consideration a discharge pipe.

"Ideally" the vessel goes near to the heat source (boiler) on the return. However there is absolutely no real reason why it can't work far away as all the pipes are joined at some point! Perhaps if putting it further away, oversizing the vessel slightly is a good idea but not strictly necessary in theory (you can never have too much though). Filling loop and PRV can be remote to the vessel, no problems. Put a pressure gauge near the filling loop, not the vessel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back