1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Converting wetroom - access shower drain in floor

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by jacko555, 28 Aug 2020.

1. jacko555

jacko555

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Existing bathroom is a wetroom with wet underfloor heating and a wheelchair accessible large shower with a drain in the floor.

I want to remove the shower screens and put a freestanding bath here, sitting on top of the drain.

I need to somehow remove the drain cover and attach the waste from the bath to the waste pipe that must be under there, without compromising the wet underfloor heating.

I think i just need to go slow, drill, chisel, dig it out so I can solvent weld a bit of pipe, then, fill it in with cement.

Is there anything obvious I am missing, or, a simpler way to do this? 20200828_195018.jpg

2. Sponsored Links
  3. kidgreen61

kidgreen61

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it's an upstairs room, go from beneath, cut a hole in the ceiling.
    If it's ground floor, rather you than me:D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jacko555

jacko555

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ohhhh cracking idea. Yes, upstairs. Much easier to try and push the whole thing up then dig it out.
    Genius

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local