Cooked hood extraction question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Silly question perhaps..

We have a basic cooker hood that goes under a unit.

https://kingfisher.scene7.com/is/image/Kingfisher/8422248032186_01i

Since we moved in, it has been re-circulating. Anyway it was not very good, so looked into it and strangely there is a vent in wall so at some point there was extraction. Also when I looked at it, there was no carbon filter! So anyway got the parts and installed for ducting so it can now extract outside.

So it is definitely extracting outside, however my question is this - On the top of the unit at the front, there is some vents for where the air comes back into the room. There is some air still coming out here, should this not be the case now that it should be all ducting outside, or is there a reason why air still coming out here?

Should i block that up?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
inside the hood there should be a flap of some kind that sends the air either down the duct, or into the room.

Post plenty of photos of the hood, especiallty the inside with the drop-down open, and somebody may recognise it.

I am assuming you have tried to search the make and model to look at the instructions.

Yeah nothing in the manual about it that i found online. Seems a basic one, I will take a look again later after dinner ! Have to unscrew the motor part to see in there.

VHB60SS is model number. Some basic extractor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back