Cooker Basics

thanks for the advice. Unfortunately your URL link doesn't seem to work - please try again, or post the link for the homepage and direct me to what I'm looking for. Also, how much will this cost? Not that it bothers me, I'll get the landlord to pay! bearing in mind I need a 13A socket too (which i'll just get in wilkinsons)

Sponsored Links
strangely i can only get to the screwfix site when i set my browser to my isps proxy no idea why...

www.screwfix.com
electrical
wylex consumer units
Wylex 16A Plug in Circuit Breaker

Thanks! So, £7.25 - and all I have to do is pull out the 30 amp fuse and plug this in?

you should replace the fuse base with the one that comes with the new mcb

the base is the colored bit that sits between the terminals and fuse/mcb contacts and the fuse or mcb

iirc the bases are held in place with a small screw

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. This solution avoids the risk of someone trying to plug a cooker into the socket in future, presumably the breaker would trip quite quickly. In any case, I'll make sure the landlord knows exactly what I've done (as he'll be paying anyway), and place a notice behind the cooker - how about "Warning - do not connect a cooker or other appliance over 3kw to this socket. If you wish to connect a cooker, replace this socket with a cooker outlet plate and change the breaker at the consumer unit for one with an appropriate rating for the equipment you are connecting." ?? Reckon that'll do?

i wouldn't put it behind the cooker becuse of heat dirt collection etc

i really don't think a warning is needed the breaker and plug fuse should provide more than adequte protection

and if someone is really prepared to bypass or replace both the plug fuse and the breaker at the board they deserve to be listed on http://www.darwinawards.com/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back