Cooker connection box location.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, a quick question hopefully as I'm in the middle of doing the job!! :confused:

I've fitted the cooker switch to the side of the cooker position above worktop height, I'm now doing the connection box position, I would like to place it in directly below the switch then run the cooker cable to it, this would mean the connection box is to the side of the cooker rather than behind it. Is this OK??

Just makes running the cables easier, I was going to run the 6mm twin & earth cable loose in the wall behind the insulated plasterboard.

It would look exactly like the pic in the post below!

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You're lucky UH only replaced that hotlinked image with a generic warning :LOL:

Try this instead...

o6frx1.jpg

Of course, in that picture, if the cable between the CU and the control unit is buried in the wall it would have to be in earthed steel conduit as it is not in a safe zone :)

Sponsored Links
If you have to replace the cooker at some point, how easy will it be to disconnect the cable from the cooker point. If it's easily accessible then it's OK, if it's not easily accessible you might regret doing this.

PJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back