Cooker cord outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking (literally) at a cooker outlet which is surface mounted.

- MK Logic Cooker-CU on MK 48mm white metal surface box.
- MK Logic Cooker-Outlet on MK 41mm grey metal surface box.
- Linked by 60cm nylon conduit (6491X 10mm PN, 6mm E, CPD 32A B RCBO).

The problem is the plastic wiring accessories slide around on the metal surface boxes - I can easily create a 1mm gap on the top, not IP4x.
Metalclad use an interlocking lip on the box & accessory to avoid this.

Usual flush-box mounting is out.
Impossible due to internal corner with gas pipe - can not sleeve the cable in an insulating material & go behind the gas pipe on internal corner.

I could use a metalclad 32A 1G Sw for Cooker-CU & metalclad surface box. That at least interlocks unlike Logic-Plus & their metal surface box.

Unfortunately there are no metalclad cord outlets :)
Reading the red book, I can see nothing to stop me using a A-Box LB9065A for cooker cord outlet. Conduit in, glanded H07RNF out. Interlocking lid, tougher plastic, quality terminal design, 40A, better wiring space. Hidden behind the cooker, 55cm from floor, away from vents.

Anyone disagree?

Cleaned out boilovers/splashovers from INSIDE the cooker-outlet tonight. MK could have put an internal lip on the surface logic plus boxes, bad design.

Sponsored Links
Had a think and chat to Sikkens.
Simplest is to use a sealant - enough to resist sliding, still allow I&T.

If that fails some UL94V0 U-channel rubber to make a friction gasket over the thin steel backbox - and if it slides that has enough gap filling ability.

The steel Logic-Plus Surface box is pressed without regard to creating parallel mating surfaces - screws gimbal allowing the accessory to slide around badly. Either that or I have a particularly bad example.

Simplest is often best, sealant first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back