Cooker Dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have installed a 6mm radial from an RCD protected CU on a 32amp mcb to feed 2 cookers, that I was told were on 13amp plugs.

Each cooker is fed/isloated from its own 45amp isolator switch, which from there I ran 2.5mm cable to each socket both no more than 2 meters long in plastic capping in the wall.

After inspecting the cookers I found them to be 3.5KW and in the manual it says not to use 13amp plug or fuses if in the UK.

So my worry is that is I put the cookers on flew outlettes will the 2.5's be ok under regulations? It can handle the 3.5k easy I should imagine but what if there was some kind of fault?

Should I just put the often on 13amp fuses or even replace the MCB to a 20amp. In which case I am worried about blown fuses or contestant tripping with the ovens are at max.

Sponsored Links
You did not require two cooker switches.

One 6mm² 32A supply through a dual cooker outlet plate would have been satisfactory.

As it is, I suppose two single cooker outlets will be needed.

You should use 4mm² flex although with testing 2.5mm² could be deemed sufficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back