3kw built in cooker

6671b9b0.jpg
Did it work?

Sponsored Links
You don't mean the instruction to connect to the earth terminal in the wall box, do you?

Sponsored Links
Yes, I assumed that meant the consumer unit - don't ask me why! What should I have done? :eek:

They mean the box in the wall that you fasten the switch and outlet into.

Although you can get surface mounted plastic boxes, the boxes are usually steel and have a little brass earth terminal in them.

Doh! Looks like I've added an earth throughout for no good reason. I'll leave it now its there and remove it on the next overhaul, unless of course it is advisable to remove it. Is it?

I can't see it will do any harm, unless it looks unsightly.

A six-inch length of g&y is the thing to earth the back box, will only take a few mins. Some people carry a pocketful ready cut as you often take a socket or switchplate off and find there isn't one.

You might as well leave it in place. It is doing no harm and acts as a 'belt and braces' approach. Should one earth fail (unlikely) you will still have anotherone, Also it will reduce the Zs at the end of the circuit.

Many thanks to you all, very much appreciated. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back