Cooker hood cable melted . . . . . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I came to change a cooker hood bulb yesterday and noticed that a protective cable cover had melted, must have been resting on the bulb, see below . . . . .
View media item 95699
It needs changing, can anyone recommend where I can get a replacement? I've been on the Zanussi parts website and they have every part for this cooker hood except this particular cable. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. I have added some extra photos for further context.
View media item 95702View media item 95698View media item 95700View media item 95701

Sponsored Links
it looks to me like it might be sleeving, with wires inside.

If the wires themselves are undamaged, you can buy new sleeving (but retain it with cable-ties or something to prevent it getting hot again. You may also be able to fit LED bulbs which run cooler.

Sponsored Links
If the cables definitely aren't damaged, then it's your call whether to replace it or not. You could leave it as is, get some tape round it, or replace it.

I'd see how much the replacement part is, and take it from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back