Gas cooker hoods.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks :D

Have a gas hob, 5 burners, with no hood. Recon using it, without a hood, is causing kitchen to get mucky :cry: No time for cleaning walls and paintwork round the area of cooker - better things to do :cool:

Would need about 70 cm long hood. Don't know anything about the hoods :rolleyes: except that they filter, am told filters need changing every 6 months and can be expensive.

Need to know please.

Would a cooker hood keep the kitchen cleaner?
How easy are they to fit and general info., what to look for when buying etc., please.

Appreciate any help. Cheers

:D

Sponsored Links
If you can manage it, vent to outside from hood, this will leave kitchen smelling better. This method does not need filters.

of course it does..
the filters trap grease and such.. not just the smells..
without them the fan and ducting would become thick with grease much as the walls are now..
it won't stop splashes so you'll still need to clean the wall behind the hob after a fry up, but should help with the general film of grease on all the walls.. ;)

get a decend hood with washable filters.. just bung them in the dishwasher once every few months..

Sponsored Links
;) Thanks folks, given me the direction I need to go in. Oh! not to have to keep washing walls!! :rolleyes: Better things to do ;) Making sausages, bacon and rearing hens sheep, etc.etc., on my smallholding.
Many thanks! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back