Cooker Hood Problem after Blown Fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed over the last couple of years that every couple of months the lights on the cooker hood will blow.

I went to turn them on tonight and not only did the bulb blow clean off the fitting (which was a pain to get back out without the glass attached) but it fused at the main circuit board.

I reset the fuse at the main circuit board and turned on the extractor fan switch on the wall. All of the other appliances on the loop came back to life but neither the extractor or the lights are working after changing the bulbs on the hood.

Here are a few pictures of the setup. I would appreciate any feedback on next steps

image hosting

jpeg image hosting

gif image hosting

image hosting jpg

Sponsored Links
Remove the filters & check the fan has not seized up, with the power off take out the lampholder unit & look for a burnt wire or pcb component.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back