EFC60001X cooker hood stopped working can not find a fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
got a problem, cooker hood EFC60001x stopped working. Bulb blew up. Replaced it, still don't work neither lights nor extractor fan. I have took of cover to check for the fuse, nothing just a wires going in to the ceiling. No plug, no fuse. Please help iwth a solution.

Sponsored Links
Hi Captain, thank you for the reply :) I did unscrew it yesterday, no blackened areas no smell from it nothing. It is not a circuit board really is just a wires connected to the switches, I was surprised at first as was looking for circuit board :( Have a tester on me, checked wires, no electricity ion these :(

Do you have a supply on the cable coming into the fan, there should really be a means of isolating it (usually a switched fcu). The cable going into the ceiling sounds suspicious, has it been connected into a socket nearby or even the lighting circuit.

Sponsored Links
yes, it is the one going into the ceiling, I know it sounds suspicious, but it is the one. There is no plug on the wall, the wiring comes from the whole in plasterboard (ceiling).

Guys sorry for wasting your time, I have found it, this is a joke. There is a board of switches on the opposite wall to the hood, with "fridge" "washing machine" "fan". Next to the "fan" sign "fuse", LOL replaced the fuse, and it works now. Thank you all.

Hi,

This is an old thread, but thought I'd help since I just did this yesterday. I have the EFC60001X cooker hood too. This is what happened:
1. My lights and fan weren't working, I tried changing the bulb, but it didn't work still - which meant either the fuse was blown or there was no current supply.
2. I used a multi meter and saw that current is reaching the cooker hood, so that was fine. I checked this thread and figured it must be the fuse.
3. I unscrewed all the hood bolts, and there it was. A wire from the hood from a plug on the top - I opened up that plug and changed the 3A fuse and it started!
4. Closed everything and works now.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

This is an old thread, but thought I'd help since I just did this yesterday. I have the EFC60001X cooker hood too. This is what happened:
1. My lights and fan weren't working, I tried changing the bulb, but it didn't work still - which meant either the fuse was blown or there was no current supply.
2. I used a multi meter and saw that current is reaching the cooker hood, so that was fine. I checked this thread and figured it must be the fuse.
3. I unscrewed all the hood bolts, and there it was. A wire from the hood from a plug on the top - I opened up that plug and changed the 3A fuse and it started!
4. Closed everything and works now.

Hope this helps!
How do you unscrew the hood, it looks like its riveted. I'm a bit of a biff when it comes to thing like this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back