Baumatic cooker hood lights not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have inherited a Baumatic F70SS cooker hood from the previous homeowner, but the lights do not work. I have fitted two new E14 40W bulbs into the hood sockets, but they won't light up. The 3 speed fan works fine at all speeds.

Is this a known fault with this model? Is there an internal fuse of some sort, just for the lights?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have read through the manual and installation instructions and it tells how to replace the bulbs but no further info

Sponsored Links
If you have a voltage indicator you could test that voltage is present at the lampholder, then we can rule out or investigate further, on common issue with the edison screw fitting as that sometimes the live contact within the lampholder does not make good contact with the lamp base, either due to the contact being strained or the lamp not being screwed in fully.
But you could also have a control switch issue and may need to replace that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back