Electrolux Cooker Hood Not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have an electrolux efi 635 g/gb cooker hood. Turned it on tonight and the light bulb blew. Removed the bulb and neither the other light or fan works.

The last time the bulb blew the other light and fan would work.

I suspect a fuse has blow but nothing is wrong at main electric board - where should I look or has anyone had same problem and know what to do.

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
There is probably an fcu with a suitably rated fuse in that controls the extractor it should be fairly near to the hood area.

Back from hol this morning and just got it working after a couple of hours.

Above the cooker hood was some trunking - removed the trunking and found a wall socket with a plug from the cooker hood - changed the fuse in the plug and it fixed it.

Althougth this sounds simple it took ages as was ruling out other items which involved removing a light fitting from bedroom to see if power was working in the cooker hood as had no volt meter.

Got their in the end.

Thanks for your help and hope this helps someone in the future.

The only complicated thing in the cooker hood that seems that could go wrong is the motor - no circuit board from what I could see.

James

Funnily enough mine sparked this morning and is now as dead as a dodo. I'll check the plug.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back