Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently had a new kitchen fitted complete with a new Cooker Hood and both me and my husband are now wondering if there is a standard or compliant height for the Cooker Hood fitting?

The reason we ask this is because the Cooker Hood that was fitted is set at 650m which the fitter said was regulation height and yet both my husband, who is average height and me at 5'6" have banged our heads on it when we use the cooker, in fact the one corner actually went into the eye-brow bone of my husband's eye. We have asked the Company concerned and they say that it was fitted at the right height and can't be moved, but surely if we are banging our heads on it that can't be right. We have even offered to purchase an alternative hood, but the Company say it would still be fitted the same.

If anyone knows if the height is correct I would be most grateful to know.

Many thanks.

Annemari

Sponsored Links
There will be a min height for safety reasons.
Re max height, the higher you go the less the hood will function.
I would therefore think there will not be a standard for max height

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back