Height of Angled Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a traditional canopy / chimney style cooker hood at the moment. It's mounted at what seems like a sensible height (above a 750mm splashback, though the canopy is curved so it's about 50mm lower than this on the corners).

I was considering replacing it with an angled chimney hood as the design means I'm unlikely to bang my head! I have a question around what height these should be mounted?

Having looked at the dimensions of many of them, I couldn't fit one above a 750mm splashback due to my ceiling height, and 600mm looks like the maximum I could go. With the design of the angled ones it makes sense that you would mount them lower down, partly for effectiveness but also above a 600mm splashback, it would be around 1000mm high before it protrudes as far as a canopy hood does, so seems unlikely I would bang my head even though it's mounted much lower.

What's considered a "normal" height for them to be fitted?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back