Cooker hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
As you are doing gas work i would assume you are corgi registered and you would already know what fitting to use if not you are trying to do something that can be dangerous if not correctly carried out IT IS ALSO ILLEGAL !!! you should always use a CORGI engineer :evil:

Is it possible to ask a question without getting this response?

Not when it constitutes a risk to gas safety get a professional in he will have the fittings on his van :D

Sponsored Links
Not when it constitutes a risk to gas safety get a professional in he will have the fittings on his van :D

He'll also have the jar of Vaseline that he hands me right before he gives me the bill no doubt.

I'm going to move the hob whether you agree or not. I've worked with gas before. I've just never used a cooker hose, just want to learn.

markwm";p="945374 said:
I'm going to move the hob whether you agree or not. I've worked with gas before. I've just never used a cooker hose, just want to learn.

you could use garden hose and two jubilee clips if your not to bothered.

:rolleyes:

If I took that view with everything I wouldn't attempt anything at all. I thought these were DIY forums. Perhaps all talk of gas fittings should be banned because DIYers just aren't supposed to do it.

He'll also have the jar of Vaseline that he hands me right before he gives me the bill no doubt.

Wel just because you've worked with gas before and have'nt killed anyone must make you an expert then !!! And you seem to have a bit of an attitude with someone who goes about makeing his living legally how much do you think his knowledge is worth ?Go ahead i hope you blow yourself up :p

Wel just because you've worked with gas before and have'nt killed anyone must make you an expert then !!! And you seem to have a bit of an attitude with someone who goes about makeing his living legally how much do you think his knowledge is worth ?Go ahead i hope you blow yourself up :p

Only person with an attitude is you. I asked a simple question, instead I get a lecture about getting a corgi registered plumber.

I have nothing against plumbers, but in my experience they're aren't cheap and it's hardly beyond the limits of a decent DIYer, moving a cooker hob. I was just unsure on the correct fittings. The same as I was when I started working with water, or pretty much anything else.

If you ask a question on the woodwork forum do you get replies about only trained professionals should be using circular saws? Gimme a break

If you're nothing else to say then I suggest you move along go ruin someone else's thread.

it is beyond the adverage diyer as you can't test it when you've done the job.
they aren't cheap as they have the right equipment to test it is working safely.

it is beyond the adverage diyer as you can't test it when you've done the job.
they aren't cheap as they have the right equipment to test it is working safely.

Last time I moved a gas pipe I our plumber to come and test it and supply a cert. I will be doing the same here.

i take it you never read it fully.

Diy gas work has not been declared illegal by the powers that be. However, the law does require that only competent people may work on gas appliances.
If you haven't been trained, you will not be competent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back