cooker power supply, cable routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to put a cooker power supply point in my kitchen, but am having trouble with routing it. Is it allowed for the 6mm cable to be put into a channel cut into a concrete floor? This will then be concreted in and have a laminate floating floor laid on top. If so it will make life a whole lot easier.

Sponsored Links
not the cable on its own you shouldn't it should be mechanicaly proteted by conduit (but then you wont get a 6mm in a 20mm conduit)

the other thing is you know its there today but what if you move out.......

Thanks for that, after racking my brains I think I have found a safer, though somewhat longer, route under the floor boards and behind the skirting. Cheers

Behind the skirting? Can you expand on that...? It may be that your intention isn't much safer than the first idea. The cable must be installed in accordance with the wiring reg's and within designated 'safe zones'. As breezer said, if it's not within those zones it must be within an earthed metallic covering capable of withstanding reasonable mechanical impact.

Sponsored Links
Where do I find out what the designated safe zones are. I can't go under the floor in my kitchen as it is solid concrete. I thought of going under the floorboards which run up to the kitchen door and then along two sides of the room behind some new skirting board I am fitting. Further advice appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back