Cooker Under Window.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any reason I can't site a cooker partially under a window?

It will be set back a bit and significantly lower than the window so I can't imagine any serious heat getting to the glass or window pane but I'd be interested to hear if this breaks any kind of regs or isn't sensible for some reason I haven't considered.

Sponsored Links
no reason why not as far as regulations would be concerned. Does this include a hob? if so be careful with curtains as they can catch fire.

I was told by building control that cookers/hobs had to have an extractor fan fitted - there is a calculation for the size of room/amount of air displaced, but this may well be just for 'new' kitchens.
Phone building control and ask.

Sponsored Links
oh god, can you imagine to clean it all the time? its so unusual. cant you put the hob somewhere else? that seems more like falling into trouble to have it under window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back