Cooker wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What should I get for this? I know you guys must be sick of cooker questions. Am I correct to put one live at the bottom, neutral and earth to right? All 3 lives do not need to be connected do they? Thank you.
20190326_202027.jpg
20190326_202139.jpg

Sponsored Links
The many connectors are for European circuits. That's why the copper links are used for Britain.

Yes, L to one of the 1, 2 or 3 - bottom is fine,
N to one of the 5 & 7 ? and
E to E.

Couldn't see any at Screwfix, but maybe.

Sponsored Links
The many connectors are for European circuits. That's why the copper links are used for Britain.

Yes, L to one of the 1, 2 or 3 - bottom is fine,
N to one of the 5 & 7 ? and
E to E.

Couldn't see any at Screwfix, but maybe.

Thank you. I already thought that but wanted to makes sure 100% Appreciate the explanation and help.

looks very much like a NEFF connector too. (though they used torx screws :cautious:)
The NEFF one came with cable.

I believe B&Q sell the cable, should you get desperate

Why on the block is their so many connectors? I can just use the bottom one for live?
As EFLI says, it'll be for other markets where high current supplies aren't common, but 3 phase may be. With everything switched on, your appliance will draw something like 30A - which may be several times the supply capacity of some continental supplies !
By removing the links on the left, the loads can be spread between 3 phases at perhaps 10 or 11A max on one phase (depending on how the individual loads are connected internally).
They can cut down on manufacturing complications (multiple variants for different markets) by making all units as 3 phase and just installing the links and putting a different sticker on for single phase markets. The added cost of using the 3 phase connector and links will probably be considerably less than the cost of tooling up for different connectors (different panel needing a different hole punching) and different wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back