COOKERS - MIND YOUR FINGERS!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I obviously appreciate electrical safety is the most important issue with cookers and any other electrical appliance or fitting. But having recently investigated a cooker problem, I would caution others, unfamiliar with this kind of work, to take care when handling/removing the rear metal cover. Certainly with low-end cookers, the edges of these covers are razor sharp and it's all too easy to slice open a finger (as I've discovered!).

Sponsored Links
Anything cut from coated steel sheet tends to be like that, they don't do anything to the edges after shearing. Computer cases are another one where some of the edges are razor sharp. Don't ask me how I know! :)

I think on the better quality appliances they have the decency to put a lip around the edges so they're not quite so lethal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back