Cooking up advanced smartcom recipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I’ve installed my first smart on and works great.
Noticed recipes in the app.
I’d like to be able to trigger things like switch off Hive heating, or switch lights via Amazon Alexa.
On the app I can’t seem to create ‘effects’ that remotely come close to this. Wondering if I am going about it wrong or is it not possible?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's best to go down the MQTT route, as baked-in recipes are always going to be limited. Leave the alarm to perform it's alarm functions and use MQTT to integrate with a program like Home Assistant or Node Red for unlimited home automation control. Someone has generated an MQTT bridge application for the COM modules on Texe panels, so that's the best option for something local that doesn't require any external-to-premises connection to operate.

I developed an alternative Ethernet module for the Honeywell Galaxy panels which negates the need for any external bridge application. I don't think anyone has done that for Texecom yet (others can chime in if there's an option now). In my opinion, Texecom shouldn't have bothered with recipes, as they're never going to be able to provide the flexibility and heavy lifting that something like Home Assistant and Node Red can. Texe should just implement an MQTT client in the SmartCom, as MQTT is the open standard for IoT interconnection these days and the omission just hints at them trying to monetise on a closed interface. MQTT can be implemented autonomous of any cloud connection, so you can keep control over your lights and heating in the event of broadband or cloud service outage.

Last edited:
Not sure where Texecom are with this some years ago they did have some bits, but don't think it was ever formally available or released and didn't have the time to give it a full test and seem to recall it was very limited. access to the temperatures from the devices wasn't available back then either.

As for third party stuff not had a look at that either but various bits on bobs you see mentioned from time to time.

Texecom forum may get you more details from the likes of John Gildert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back