Copings for block on flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Ive been ringing around builders merchants to find flat coping stones to go onto block on flat. The only ones I can source are the twice weathered and other non flat ones, and these overlap an inch either side of the block. I've been advised to just cut a paving slab to size but don't want to do this as one edge will be irregular. Is this my only option?
Many thanks,
Datadiyer.

Sponsored Links
Depending on what you are actually placing them, if it were to overlap a flat roof why not leave a longer edge over the roof, therefore no cutting; it is possible to make them to your own design by making moulds from wood/hardboard and plastic liners, and you can decide on how much to waterproof the cement/concrete mix.

Hi,
Thanks Planenut, they are just to go onto a garden wall built with block on flat. I don't really want an overlap (although I understand this is the more practical way of doing it). I did think of making my own but just a bit fiddly and time consuming when I could possibly buy some and cement them onto the wall.
Cheers,
Datadiyer.

There are all sorts of profiles and sizes of copings available, but you will have to search harder than just your local merchants, talk to some local manufacturers not merchants. Or try ebay.

Sponsored Links
Okay then, could you not put a mortar mix on top and round it off? depending on the width, this could be done with a strip of plastic or piece of gutter. Even making an arch template from a bit of ply, then smooth it off with a float as it dries.
Again though, it does depend on the width.

Thanks Planenut,
I've decided i'm going to get 450x450 buff patio slabs & cut them in half (so long as my disc cutter will make a clean cut and not leave a ragged edge),
should look ok.
Cheers,
Datadiyer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back