Sourcing coping for a victorian wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the coping on the front wall of my South London victorian property and can't find a supplier for something similar to what's currently in place.

The profile seems common in this area but all the local builders merchants only have the standard twice weathered stuff. It's basically twice weathered with a crown, 12 inches width and about 5 inches deep. I need about 5m.

The picture shows the profile...

I've thought about making up a mould and buying a couple of bags of Snowcrete, but decided to see if I can find a supplier first.

Does anyone know where I might find a source for this coping, preferably in London or the SE?

Thanks - Mike

Sponsored Links
Hello mikeinsw11,
I have great deal of experience in pre-cast, wetcast and semi-dry products.
You will find it extremely hard to find the coping you are looking for at a builders merchants.
You need to go direct to a manufacturer.
I don't know your area and can not recommend any manufacturers close to you.
What I would suggest is googling "pre-cast copings" specifying your location at see what results you get and then contact them.
They are not an off the self design, so expect some charge for the making of the mould. So may not be cheap, See what prices you get, then consider replacing them all.
I would take a guess at a days labour plus materials for a joiner/pattern maker for mould and about £25 per linear foot of the unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back