parapet wall with coping stones leak

Sponsored Links
Don't agree with this at all; the problem is that we've lost the knowledge to adequately construct a parapet wall. The vast majority of builders just don't know how to build them anymore.

Hope you are not talking about time served bricklayers Son :rolleyes:

Quote Joe Malone
I had to virtually stand over the builders to guide them through the detailing.

If you had been on our scaffold Joe, you would have needed pair of wings strapped on your back :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Regards oldun

Don't agree with this at all; the problem is that we've lost the knowledge to adequately construct a parapet wall. The vast majority of builders just don't know how to build them anymore.

Hope you are not talking about time served bricklayers Son :rolleyes:

Quote Joe Malone
I had to virtually stand over the builders to guide them through the detailing.

If you had been on our scaffold Joe, you would have needed pair of wings strapped on your back :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Regards oldun

Yes I am talking about time served bricklayers son. If I was on your scaffold then I'd have been there because you were were working for my business so the only person leaving site in a hurry would have been you because professional builders are happy to take on board site instructions from their client and understand the contractual relationship.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the replies.

We certainly wouldn't be looking to rebuild the wall and correcting the cavity tray, which I believe is present.

Looks like our option is to lift all the stones, replace what insulation we can, put down slate and damp proof membrane on top and the stones over this. Is that correct?

Something else I thought of was replacing the stones altogether with a fibreglass capping. I was discussing this with some tradesmen and they say it is an option. Remove the stones, screw down a timbre board and fibreglass over this which will be seamless, it will have a overhang and a detail for drip. What are the thoughts / experience of this?

Many thanks again.

[.

Yes I am talking about time served bricklayers son. .
A time served bricklayer should be capable of building a parapet wall correctly. I've built and rebuilt a few in my time with no problems. They are not that complex.
However I am quite happy to work alongside surveyors etc on various details in construction and learn.

[.

Yes I am talking about time served bricklayers son. .
A time served bricklayer should be capable of building a parapet wall correctly. I've built and rebuilt a few in my time with no problems. They are not that complex.
However I am quite happy to work alongside surveyors etc on various details in construction and learn.

Don't get confused between the skill and the knowledge. Most have the skill, few have the knowledge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back