Copper pipe table - what lacquer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I designed and built this copper pipe table and are in the process of now building the wooden top but want to prevent the copper from tarnishing as much as possible. Really not sure what to use.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20160512_212337.jpg
    20160512_212337.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 805
  • 20160513_203421.jpg
    20160513_203421.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 567
  • 20160507_173027.jpg
    20160507_173027.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 417
Sponsored Links
Needs degreasing and use wire wool to get it clean and shiny. They apply a varnish to seal it. Brasso isn't a finish and would dull off again after time.

So I'm polishing it up using both brasso and peek, making sure not to actually touch the metal after cleaning.
When you say varnish, what exactly do you mean as I know from doing bits of woodwork that it is a broad term and there are lots of variations. Someone suggested just clear spray lacquer from a car shop would be ideal.

Sponsored Links
So I'm polishing it up using both brasso and peek, making sure not to actually touch the metal after cleaning.
When you say varnish, what exactly do you mean as I know from doing bits of woodwork that it is a broad term and there are lots of variations. Someone suggested just clear spray lacquer from a car shop would be ideal.

Brasso leaves a coating, so if you want to varnish over the top you'll need to degrease immediately prior to painting.

Spray paint lacquer looks awful on copper and it doesn't bond will cause you an absolute nightmare rustins metal lacquer or everbrite not cheap but it's good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back