Copper Push-fit fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never used these type of fittings before. I always use soldered or compression joints.
I have a small alteration job to do and the first joint will be very awkward to get to. Using a push-fit fitting will make life much easier.
From a plumbers point of view:-
1.what do you think of them
2. are they as reliable as a soldered joint
3. how long do they last
Thanks, :?:

Sponsored Links
I have looked at these and they seem just as good as plastic. Yorkshire tectite do 2 versions, the more expensive (can't remember the name :oops: ) keep the electrical continuity between the pipe.

The only problem I have found is finding somewhere that sells in a small quantity.

Have used them and they last ok. Only problem is they are harder to demount thamn the plastic speedfit.

I have never used these type of fittings before. I always use soldered or compression joints.
I have a small alteration job to do and the first joint will be very awkward to get to. Using a push-fit fitting will make life much easier.
From a plumbers point of view:-
1.what do you think of them
2. are they as reliable as a soldered joint
3. how long do they last
Thanks, :?:

1. avoid.
2. not in a million years.
3. an unkown quantity as they haven't been around that long.

use compression, avoid any pushfit.

Sponsored Links
Have used Cuprofit on my heating system upstairs, been in a few years now with no problems at all. Would use them again without a second thought.

Yes they are expensive, but the time saved is worth it. Cuprofit

Salem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back